Like other countries, Turkey places a number of restrictions on the export of certain items. Among them:
- Carpets over 100 years old
- Antiques: This includes items over 50 years old.
- Ancient coins
- Some medicines
- Corals and shells without a receipt for their purchase
- Exotic animals and plants
- Jewelry worth more than $15,000
- Alcohol over 5 liters
- Food products weighing more than 5 kg
- Souvenir products worth more than $1000
See our list of gifts that are allowed to export and which are the most popular among tourists to get as a gift.